Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blog#7

 


This class for me was very interesting and challenging.  I feel that the instruction with regard to analysis vs summary were particularly informative.  I know that I will utilize these skills in future writings, and have found myself even exercising them on a daily basis when any text crosses my line of sight.  I was also very surprised and exhilarated by the selections you chose for our required reading.  O'Brien, and Huze's works are not for the faint of heart, and I really enjoyed reading assignments that had some "endowment" to them :) .  Everything from the poems of the falling people, to the rib-cracking kicks of the marine were not the status quo hum drum readings one would expect from a college course.  As to me meeting the conditions of the learning outcomes for the class mentioned in the syllabus,  I can only hope I did as well as I feel I did.  I felt that I did learn new tactics and avenues of thought and scrutiny.  This course has influenced my writing in the sense that it has become more organized and methodical.  I can stick to a thesis now, without spinning around mindlessly for paragraphs attempting to substantiate my claim, or at least feel like I've done my best at flogging the concept into the mind of the reader.  I feel that the largest challenge to me in this class was essay number three.  I found it difficult to muster up enough information that I could apply to my analysis of O'Brien's purpose.  The Vietnam war is one convoluted issue even to this day, and while trying to bolster up my paper when the cloud of witnesses regarding the topic was so huge, i had difficulty formulating a cohesive opinion in such muddy waters.
Overall I have really enjoyed this class and am grateful for the principles it has instilled in me to help me analyze and write better.  Thank you very much.
 Teresa Altamirano
 

No comments:

Post a Comment